Tuesday 3 May 2011

Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People


"I'm wrong"
Saying 'I'm wrong' is meaningless unless it comes from our heart, not just our lips.That often requires a genuine and profound change within ourselves, because we need to accept that we can be wrong. Even admission hurts, we need to realize it's simply human nature and that everyone makes mistake. We might be wrong for many times in our life, but at least we are learning.

"I'm sorry"
'I'm sorry' and 'I'm wrong' are companions.They're healing words for your apologies.' I'm sorry' is a tag for 'I'm wrong,' but it also separate.Instead of thinking of the apology only from our point of view as an admission of our wrong-doing, we consider how our apology will benefit the person we have wronged and actually have a positive impact on his or her life.Expressing these two little words maybe difficult at times, but getting into the habit of using this phrase is well worth the risk and will enrich your life and the lives of others.

"You can do it!"
You never will discover how far you can go if you don't start 'doing it'. Otherwise you limit your whole life and will always have regrets, thinking, I wish I'd tried that. When you develop that 'can do' attitude, it all happens...

"I believe in you"
We show people who believe in them when we support their endeavors or causes. People who create and build are those who believe in themselves, but they need the support of other believers to fire their enthusiasm and passion, especially in the naysayers and doubters.

" I'm proud of you"
Probably the most powerful thing we can say to our kids, next to "I love you", is "I'm proud of you." 'Watch me!' children long for someone they love to watch them and offer an approving smile or affirming. But' Watch me' is not just kid's stuff. Our desire as children expressed in "Watch me" remains with us for a lifetime-- a human need to be recognized and acknowledged by those who mean the most to us.

"Thank you"
Beyond saying ' Thank you,' adjust your attitude each day to being thankful for the abundance of God's blessings. If you and your family are healthy, have a roof over your head, food on table, clothes on your back, and the gift of love, laughter, and leisure, give thanks to everything and don't forget to share a portion of these blessings with those who have are fewer blessings to count.

"I need you"
When you look around there is no limit to all the people you need, but few of those people ever actually hear from you that you need them. We take them for granted and really don't think about them a lot...

"I trust you"
We need trust as our personal, unwritten contract in our families, marriages, workplaces, and communities. We need to say ' I trust you' as our sign of the confidence we hold in people with whom we share a special bond in supporting relationships.

"I respect you"
We need to be interested in people and listen to them, but showing and earning respect also can be as simple as being remembering the names and faces.True respect knows no social or economic barriers. It must extend to anyone in any walk of life.

"I love you"
The way we feel about people-- whether is romantic love, family relationship, or even closed friendships--is a form of love. If love is something you feel, saying ' I love you' is a manifestation of that feeling. Unfortunately, some people never say ' I love you' to their children or anyone else. And often it's because they can't bring themselves to say what they feel, or perhaps they don't take the time or make the effort. If you can't say the words, but at least give them a hug. And make it a big one!^^


Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People by Rich Devos

No comments:

Post a Comment