Monday 26 December 2011

The Art Of Living


Haha! it is cute, isn't it? And is very meaningful. ^ ^

Ya! Ya! Nobody responsible to your own life even your family members like your parents, siblings, husband or your wife, even your children.

When somebody said word(s) or act something(s) that hurt you, is your own feeling that annoying yourself, that made yourself sad. No others, is you.

You think they were bad to you and all feeling start to be generated and you can't stop blaming others-- " She is the one who made me sad"; " He was so irresponsible"; " Why you treat me like that? I had contributed so much in the relationship"; " Nobody love me."; "I was abundance, they don't need me anymore.", " Why everybody bully me?"; "Oh! Today is a unlucky day for me!!"; "ARrrrrr, I hate traffic jam, the government made a bad city development planning.",etc.

And we started to put our 'wish' on others--
"You must get good score in your test so that you can manage to enter the good school."; " You always not listen to me, this made me worry."; " Why you don't do this? Why you dont' do that?",etc

We become involved with the unpleasant and separated from pleasant. We fail to get what we want; instead we get what we do not want. All these situation is suffering.
For each of us, the "I", the ego, the image we have of ourselves is most important person in the world. But none of us is alone in the world, one "I" is bound to come into conflict with another. We each develop great attachment to what we possess, because it is associated with us, it supports the image of "I".

We each convinced that our own views and traditions are the best and become very upset whenever we hear them criticized. If we try to explain our views and others do not accept them, again we become upset.
We fail to recognized that each person has his or her own beliefs. It is futile to argue about which view is correct; more beneficial would be to set aside any preconceived notions and to try to see reality. However, our attachment to views prevents us from doing so, keeping us unhappy.

Come back to ourselves, and look deep into ourselves and found out:- no others but I am the one who made me suffering.








Reference:- The art of Living, Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka, by Willian Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment